Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Back to the Grindstone

Yes, it was back to work for me today after a two week hiatus. I always forget how hard it is to get back into a routine after some time off. I am one of those people that can really get wrapped up into my career, or whatever the project at hand is very easily. So, I made myself leave school at the school over the Christmas break. I wanted to enjoy my family, friends, do some much needed cleaning and organizing, and shop (of course) in true single 26 year old fashion! I did all of that and it was wonderful. Here is a photo of the Thursday night gathering gals. We usually all pitch in and bring something over to eat and then watch Grey's Anatomy. It is so good to have a weekly gathering to hear what's going on in other women's lives, and constantly be reminded that everyone has their own triumphs and struggles. On Monday I started feeling a little under the weather, but thought that I could kick it before it got me down. Not the case. It is now Thursday and I'm back at work and on an antibiotic for yet another sinus infection. The second one in less than three months (Yuck). I am praying for better health in 2007. It seems that my Dad and myself have been more sickly than normal since the house fire. Mom and Kerrie are the ones that don't seem to get sick as bad or either they just keep on going and no one ever knows they don't feel well.
I have gotten completely off track and did not even post what I had intended to. That's OK that just allows for another posting opportunity for the end of the week. I hope all is well with everyone. Happy New Year,
Ashley

No comments: