Saturday, January 30, 2010

Winter Time Is Here

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Winter Frolic 2010
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook
I thought that I should take a minute to give the Boiling Springs snow update. This is what it looks like at our house these days, and I love it! I was tutoring a child after-school Friday when it flurried for just a minute. However, by the time I got home from school our front yard was covered. It continued through the night and into the morning hours here. Our snow total is just over three inches with a slick layer of sleet on top of that. I ventured out for a few minutes (with Lexie) to take some pictures of the winter wonders around our neighborhood. I love the red barn photo, and I've lived here all my life and never even noticed it before. It is actually in a neighbors backyard, but now that the area between our homes has been cleared we can see it. I did have to zoom in with the camera to get it to turn out. None the less, it made for a beautiful view and moment in the snow today. I have always enjoyed snow days, but I think most school employees do right? I think snowfall is fairly rare here and it makes me really enjoy it when it comes around. My thermometer says the temperature is 27, so I'm not anticipating much melting. I wonder what we'll do about church in the morning? I'm close to the pastor, so I'll give him a call later. Enjoy the snow, Ashley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty I am glad ya'll got some snow. I like it but I have had enough this year I am ready for the warm weather...Love ya Kerrie