Monday, January 29, 2007

Clean Bill of Health

It is with a joyful heart that I'm posting tonight. I wanted to let all of our family and friends know that Dad got a clean bill of health today, or at least nothing a pill a day won't cure. I thank you all for your cards, calls, and visits wishing him well and checking up on him today. I am so amazed by God in times like these. I am in awe of how he knows what we need before we even know that we need it. How great is our God? I have prayed about this for many weeks and I thank all of you who have joined me in prayer for I do believe that where two or more are gather in His name there He is also. So, tonight I'll close with a simple bedtime prayer thanking him for another great day to live as a christian. Dear Lord, I come to you now thanking you for being with Dad today and giving him that peace that I prayed about this morning that only you can give. It has been evident in our conversations tonight that he knew You were there. I also said that You Lord would be given the honor and glory for the great things You would do. Jesus I just bow before you now thanking You for the wonderful answer to many prayers today. I thank You for allowing us to use even this as an addition to our testimony as a family returning to You Father. I praise You and have chills when I thank that today the Lord On High attended to my needs and the needs of my family. I am once again humbled to witness the love you have for your children. I am thankful that I worship and have a relationship with a God who is never too busy for me because I know at times Lord I don't make time for you because I'm too busy. I love you because You first loved me and you know that I can't ever be like you. You love me knowing you don't need me, but you would be delighted to use me in Your perfect plan. Heavenly Father thank you for giving me the strength to believe in You today. I thank you for taking care of my Earthly Daddy (even better than I could have) and giving me the faith to trust You with him. Lord I ask for your forgiveness and help to align my priorities every day with Yours, and to make decisions that bring honor and glory to You through how I live my life. Please show me what I need to change in order to walk in Your will for my life at this time. I love You Lord.
In Christ Name, Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for this, too! Uncle Rick, you're so handsome!!! I'm so glad this appointment has given you some more peace of mind. God answers our prayers :)