Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Our Labor Day weekend started as most weekends do around the RackRoom. Rick and I met Cathy and Jerry for supper, Cathy had decided that we would eat at her house instead of going out which was a nice change. As we were eating a car pulled in the driveway. To my surprise it was Kerrie & Jerry, I knew they were coming home for the long weekend, but was not expecting them till around midday on Saturday.
Saturday started early for us since we stayed up till around 2:00 am talking, even though I talk to her at least once a day on the phone it just not the same as sitting down face to face. We went to visit Mema & Papa. Then back home so they could visit some of their friends while I cleaned house, washed clothes that I was going to do on Friday night before they arrived on Saturday. Rick and I had planned on going to the hot dog supper at church while they were with their friends. The singing Chaplains were singing so we stayed for the singing. This is a group of four local pastors that are a part of the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office. http://www.spartanburgso.org/chaplains.html .
We stayed up way to late on Saturday night again, talking and laughing about a lot of the funny things the girls did as they were growing up, somethings that I didn't know about came up in the conversations.
On Sunday Ashley & Kerrie were cooking lunch, (now my girls have a hard time with anything that happens in a kitchen.) They were making Scalloped Potatoes from a box, Ashley uses a glass baking dish on the stove top, well it exploded just as they both turned away from the stove. Glass went everywhere, no one was cut or burnt. I vacuumed glass up for the next few days. They said their lunch was great after they cleaned the mess up and started a new box of potatoes this time in the microwave.
Sunday night we went to Amanda's church for the 5th night singing. Eric & Kristi, Amanda & Les, Uncle Dick , Aunt Lou, Tommy, Cathy, Kerrie, Jerry, Rick, & all the Babies were there. We had a great time.
Monday the gang came to our house for lunch, we enjoyed everyone coming to the RackRoom. I realized while all the babies were here that the house is not baby proof anymore, but we managed just fine with 5 kids under 5.
I think this post catches me up with what we have been doing here at the RackRoom.
Love to All

No comments: