Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Ashley

Ashley
The first time I held you in my arms,
I never wanted to let you go.
I knew that very moment my heart would
be intertwined with yours forever.
It was easy to hold on tight
when you were a child.
I wanted to protect you from the threatening
menaces of the world around you.
But I knew that I would soon
have to loosen my grip.
You'll never know how hard it was
for me to release my grasp,
and let you venture off on your own.
Even though my fingers let go,
my heart never did.
now you have grown into
a most remarkable woman.
You are everything I ever wanted
my daughter to be and so much more...
You are a woman I am truly honored to know.
You are my heart, my soul, my love, my joy.
And now, more than just my daughter
You are also my friend.
Suzy Toronto
Happy Birthday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cant believe that my big sister is 30 today that means i am not far behind... I love u ashley and wish I was there to share this day with you. Hope u have the best b-day ever LOVE YOU kerrie