Monday, January 18, 2010

Shiftwork

I'm working 7 to 3, 3 to 11, 11 to 7! You have to be a George Straight or Kenny Chesney fan to understand the ramblings of this post so far. However, I do hope to clear up some confusion in a fairly quick manner. Many of our friends and family know that the last couple weeks have been abnormal around the Ford house. Yes, even more abnormal than usual, and I know that's hard for some of you to believe. Dad has been working a different shift at work and it has had everyone all out of sorts (even the dogs). It has caused a change in our supper routine because it's just mom and I a couple nights. It caused a change in our bedtime rituals because his shower times overlapped ours, and Friday mornings when all three of us were trying to get to work for first shift was a nightmare! You people know "it's a two hour process for me!" The most important change that all this brought about was that he was working on Sundays and hasn't been to church with us the last three weeks. I have to stay this was so strange. Mom and I just kept talking about how weird it was without dad there. We've missed his praying, singing, and worshiping with us more than we ever imagined. So, we have prayed over this daily in private and public. We called in the real prayer warriors (Uncle Tommy & Aunt Cathy) to help us with this. Now, I'm happy to report that as of now Dad is on a shift where his is able to be back at church with us on Sunday! Yes, praise the Lord. This is truly an answer to prayer! I thank Jesus even now that I am already looking forward to worshiping with my family on Wednesday and Sunday, and I won't be taking that for granted! Enjoy the journey, Ashley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom! Love you:)